Sunday 27 January 2013

DIY Sunday


I´m having a very lazy, peaceful Sunday, exactly what I needed after a busy week. It´s time to collect my thoughts, catch up on TV, drink soya lattes, use my new blueberry-packed Lush facemask and curl up with my Kindle. I´ve got a big batch of home-made mulled wine ready for tonight, it had been brewing away in the slow-cooker yesterday and has made the flat smell lovely, mmm! So anyway today I´m showing you a mini DIY project I like doing, painting those square Ikea mirrors you can buy for about a pound. I´ve seen lots of ideas on the internet- people stencilling them, sticking on dried flowers, there´s so much you could do with them. I think if you do something well they could make nice, personalised gifts. What I did was to use house paint, there are pots of it in my parent´s garage. So easy to do, just putting a square of newspaper over the mirror so it doesn´t get stained with paint. I used a strip of lighter colour at the bottom and then painted on some detail with little birds, I copied illustrations from the children´s book. Obviously you need a much finer paintbrush for this part. Not perfect, a bit uneven, but I think it looks cute, do you? 

Hoy me aprovecho de un domingo de descanso y paz, lo que me faltaba después de una semana cargada. Ahora puedo ver unas series, beber latte de soja, probar mi mascarilla de cara de Lush, y leer mi Kindle. Quiero enseñaros un pequeño proyecto DIY me gusta hacer, pintar en espejos de Ikea que se puede conseguir por euro y medio. He visto muchas ideas en Internet, la gente pega flores secas y los pintan a su manera, hay muchas posibilidades. Creo que si te salen bien, se puede usar como regalos para amigos o familiares incluso. Lo que he hecho era pintar usando pintura de paredes, hay muchos latas en el garaje de la casa de mis padres! Es tan fácil, pon un poco de papel de periódico en la parte del espejo para no mancharlo. He puesto un color mas claro en la parte de debajo y he pintado el detalle con pájaros. Se puede sacar la inspiración de donde sea, yo he usado las ilustraciones de un libro de niños. Obviamente se hace esta parte con una brocha mucho mas fina. No es perfecto, un poco desigualado, pero ¿bonito, si?


No comments:

Post a Comment