Wednesday 30 January 2013

Review: Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask

When a new Lush store opened up in Seville city centre, I was very excited as I´ve always been a fan. I remember when I was littled visiting their first store in Poole, Dorset and buying some bath bombs. A lot of people can´t stand the smell in the shop and it´s true that it wafts it´s way down the street, but I love it- Lush´s distinctive, sweet smell. They are a very ethical company and use recycled packing so the last time I went I gave in five empty black pots and received a free fresh mask, I´d used the Sacred Truth and Brazened Honey before and liked both- really hidrating, so this time I chose Catastrophe Cosmetic, the violet coloured one stuffed full of blueberries!

Cuando se abrió una tienda Lush en el centro de Sevilla me emocionó porque siempre he sido fan de ellos!! Recuerdo de haber visitado su primera tienda en Poole, Dorset de niña cuando  me compraron unas bombas de baño. Mucha gente no aguanta el olor de la tienda, la verdad que infiltra todo la calle, pero a mi me gusta- es muy distinto y dulce. Es una empresa ética y el packaging es reciclado. La ultima vez que fui entregué los cinco botes negros para recibir gratis una mascarilla fresca para la cara. Antes usaba Miel por La Cara y La Verdad Sagrada, los dos super suave y me dejo la piel muy hidratada, esta vez escogí anti-Catastrophe, el de color morado lleno de arándanos.

When someones says anti-oxidants the first thing that comes into my head are blueberries. They just sound so appealing, all that goodness sinking into your skin and brightening your complexion, and protecting against free radicals whatever they are. First of all this mask smells gorgeous, do you remember those parma violet sweets? Well the mask smells exactly like them and it´s the same purpley lilac colour too. As the calamine starts to work it deep cleans and starts to feel tighter, whilst the irish moss gel, rose, camomile and almond oil calm and soothe the skin. I think rather than a deep hydrating boost like the other masks I mentioned, this mask thoroughly cleans your pores and soothes irritated or stressed-out skin. Your skin feels lovely and smooth when you wash it off, just pat a good anti-oxidant serum over your skin when its dry. Great for a freebie, thanks Lush! Has anyone tried their new valentine´s day products yet?

Cuando alguien menciona los anti-oxidantes siempre pienso en los arándanos  Suenan tan atractivo, yo imagino todo lo bueno siendo absorbido por la piel, dando luz a la cara y protegiendo contra los misteriosos radicales libres, sea lo que sean. Primero es que huele divino, había chucherías en mi país que se llamaba Parma Violets, pues huelen igual de rico y son del mismo color. Cuando lo aplica y la calamina pone en efecto empieza a limpiar profundamente mientras que  el aceite de almendras y algas, camomila y aceite de naranja la calman y suavizan  Creo que mas que una mascarilla super hidratante como los que he mencionado antes, esta mascarilla trabaja limpiando y calmando la piel irritada o estresada. Cuando se lo quita con agua mi siento la piel muy lisa, solo falta aplicar un suero de anti-oxidantes después. Gracias Lush! ¿Alguien has probado sus nuevos productos de san valentín?

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love your review!! I actually reviewed the Catastrophe Cosmetic Facemask on my blog too:) You can check it out here if you want http://bathbombsandbubblegum.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/review-lush-catastrophe-cosmetic-face.html

    ReplyDelete