Sunday 10 February 2013

Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world

said T´ien Yiheng and quite right too. I´ve always loved my tea, English breakfast, earl grey, lady grey, green, white, red, jasmine, rooibos, and recently I´ve tried blue oolong. We´ve always drunk earl grey in our house but I started drinking herbal infusions in my teens. Now I probably have about five cups or mugs a day. My fiance teases me for brewing three mugs at a time or having my huge mug ´pints of tea´ when I get in from work. I would like to say I sip from dainty china cups but no, I´m not that lady-like. My mum has been researching our family tree and found out that a few generations back our ancestors had a herbal remedies shop, she says maybe that´s where I get my love of tea. Anyway I was about to made an order with Teapigs, a popular UK-based tea company but I´ve discovered few health shops have popped up in Seville quite recently and I´ve stocked up on nice loose leaf teas, which smell and taste gorgeous! I do drink coffee too but I like all the health benefits in green and white tea. I think I´ll stock up in Whittards when I go back to the UK. What types of tea do you like? Where do you buy the good stuff?


´El té se bebe para olvidar el jaleo del mundo´ dijo T´ien Yiheng y lo dijo muy bien! Siempre me ha encantado el té, English breakfast, earl grey, lady grey, verde, jasmin, blanco, rojo, rooibos, y últimamente rojo azul oolong. En mi casa siempre hemos bebido earl grey pero cuando yo empecé a beber infusiones de fruta cuando era adolescente. Ahora bebo cinco tazas al día  Mi novio se ríe de mí por hacer tres tazas a la vez o hacer ´pintas de te´ en una taza gigante cuando vuelvo del trabajo. Me gustaría deciros que bebo tazitas delicadas hechas de porcelana pero supongo que no soy tan fina! Mi madre ha estado investigando sobre nuestro árbol genealogico y ha descubierto que nuestros antepasados tenían una tienda de remedios herbolarios y me dice que a lo mejor de ahí es donde viene mi amor por el té! Bueno iba a hacer un pedido con Teapigs, una empresa muy buena británica de té, pero he visto que aquí hay unas tiendas nuevas que venden té de muy buena calidad así que he aprovechado. He comprado té de hojas sueltas, huelen y saben deliciosos!  También me gusta el café pero se encuentran muchos beneficios para la salud en te verde y blanco. ¿Cual tipos de té te gusta y donde lo compras? 



Whittard´s White Pomegranate
Whittard´s Mango and Passionfruit Rooibos

No comments:

Post a Comment