Sunday 31 March 2013

Leibster Blog Award

A big thank you to the lovely Dannielle from D is for... who tagged/ nominated my blog for a Leibster Blog Award, such a nice surprise especially after a week´s break from my updating my blog for my Easter holiday. This blogging malarky is pretty fun! Apparently Leibster is German for ´beloved´ and the idea of it is to promote awareness and recognition of new bloggers. So everyone is a winner really, yay!



So, here are the rules that I will dutifully abide by:
1. Share 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the person who tagged you asked.
3. Choose 11 blogs to nominate - they must have less than 200 Google Friend Connect Followers and tell them via comment on their blog.
4. Ask their 11 questions.
5. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.


Ok let´s see... 11 things about me. 

1. I´m a big fan of Wigan Rugby League.
2. I´m getting married this year on......Friday 13th September. Yes really, superstition is being thrown outta the window.
3. I used to work in Monsoon and I´m getting most of my family´s wedding clothes from there including my dress.
4. I have a BA in English Literature and I love reading
5. I learnt how to practise TM (Transcendental Meditation)
6. I am very allergic to avocados. They make me vomit and writhe around on the floor in agony. Avoid.
7. My guilty pleasure is Girls Aloud. I love them, especially Kimberley.
8. I cycle to work and never drive although I have a legal licence. Luckily the city I live in has cycle paths all over it.
9. My favourite newspaper is the Guardian, although I should spent more time reading it rather than online shopping/ browsing.
10. I love doing cross stitch as its very relaxing.
11. My friends and workmates don´t know that I blog!


Here are my answers to Dannielle´s questions:


What is your biggest fear? Something bad happening to one of my family. I don´t live in the UK anymore and sometimes feel too far away.
If you had to be a character from any film for a day, who would it be and why? That´s difficult, hmmm... what about Marie Antoinette in Sofia Coppola´s film, big frilly frocks, macarons, flouncing around the gardens. It would have to be a day before all it all kicked off in France though obviously!
Do you know exactly where you want to be in 5 years time? More relaxed, happily married, and with a few kiddies!
Would you rather go shopping for lots of cheaper things or a few expensive things? That´s difficult as I love bargains, but sometimes expensive treats are worth it! If its clothes then lots of cheaper things, if its cosmetics or make up then expensive things.
Have you got any nicknames? Not really, maybe some that out of context would sound odd so I won´t bother writing them! 
If you had to create your own business what would it be? A coffee shop with a reading and creative writing corner by day which becomes a  wine bar with stand up comedy and bands in the evening.
What did you dress up as for Halloween last year? (And if you didn't dress up, what wouldyou have dressed up as?) I was a vampiress. I wanted to go as Lady Macbeth but I left it to the last minute and couldn´t sort it out. Maybe next time...
Are you going on holiday this summer? Yes, for my honeymoon, Im not sure where we´re going yet, maybe the Greek Islands, or maybe Thailand. 
What's top of your bucket list? I must be completely out of touch as I had to google that, OK, things to do before I die...well I could say write a book, see the Taj Mahal,  etc but I don´t really like to set those types of goals, I´d just like to be wonderfully happy, make the right decisions and not have any regrets when it ends. 
Do you prefer nights in or nights out? Nights out, especially in the summer and especially the unplanned ones you just go along with which end up being the most fun. Nights in when you are tired and have a good film and some decent wine are great too though.
What never fails to make you smile? Being tickled.



My turn to make questions for my nominees:
1. What was your first word?
2. What would be your ideal job?
3. What literary character do you most identify with?
4. If a big bag of money to spend on only one clothes item what would you buy?
5. What language would you speak if you could learn any others?
6. What´s your earliest memory?
7. What´s your guiltiest pleasure?
8. Do you belive in karma?
9. What´s your favourite expression or saying?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
11. Why did you start blogging?

And finally here are my nominees:


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you took part :)! I loved reading your answers. Only one of my friends knows I blog, and no one from work knows at all either xx

    http://d-is-for.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you to nominate me! :) I'm really busy at the moment with my other blog posts and work, but I'll see if I manage to do this some day. Thanks again! x

    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you hunni! Just did a post (well a quick one) i tried to do it as soon as i could before i go away for two weeks: http://xgardenofedenx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/my-4th-liebster-award.html
    Sorry i never nominated anyone i just didn't have the time to go through so many people and i've been nominated 4 times now :)
    Elle xxx

    ReplyDelete